A Brief History of the Club
South Shore Yacht Club had a very modest beginning in 1913, when a group of men decided to form a club that would channel their interest in sailing into one cohesive effort - SOUTH SHORE YACHT CLUB. Many of those men lived close to the lake, all of them lived in Bay View.
There were several important years since then - milestones in the growth of the Club:
But the Club persevered and grew into one of the largest on Lake Michigan, through hard work and the dedication of it's members. The present Clubhouse was completely built by the members. That same dedication persists today.
So, from a very humble beginning in 1913, SOUTH SHORE YACHT CLUB has grown to a Club that is the envy of many other Clubs on the Great Lakes.