Great Things Ahead
Greetings! 2015 promises to be an exciting year for the SSYC Auxiliary as we celebrate our 100-year anniversary. At our March meeting, we kicked off the year with a fascinating presentation about bookbinding by Cary Suneja, owner of the Teacup Bindery in Wauwatosa.
Cary discussed the intricate crafts of binding many different kinds of books, from old bibles to archived collections of various books, along with the colorful art of homemade paper marbling. Cary was very enthusiastic about sharing her expertise in the art of bookbinding.
We have many exciting presentations planned throughout 2015. (Please note that the following presentations are about 30-45 minutes long and take place immediately following the monthly Auxiliary meetings.)
• April 7: Sr. Edna from St. Ann’s Center. Learn about services and resources for caregivers.
• May 5: Centennial Celebration. Join us for our Past Presidents and Life Recognition Dinner and experience the beautiful, majestic chimes of the Bay View Methodist Bell Choir.
• June 2: Mariachi Fiesta Picnic! Fajitas, guacamole, margaritas, a local mariachi band and more!
• August 4: Glowing Summer Skincare. Learn about the beneficial and healing properties of essential oils and go home with your own body scrub!
• Sept. 1: Mary Basson from the Milwaukee Art Museum shares a story of love and courage, Saving Kandinsky.
• Oct. 7: Shipmates Night. Something special in the works!
• Nov. 2: Election and installation of 2016 officers. Also join us as we brighten the holidays for our heroes. We’ll assemble tiny decorated trees to send to our troops to remind them of our appreciation and that they have not been overlooked. \
• Dec. 1: A Christmas Carol with James Iaquinta and Lori Minetti.