Greetings Water Lovers, and welcome to "Mid Summer". Since our last meeting we partied and danced at the 75th annual Queens Cup Party. The band "Our House" kept everyone on the dance floor all night long. We plan on bringing these guys back again! We also need to compliment George and Sam Graubner for chairing a great LMYA Rendezvous over the 4th of July weekend as well. The Band "The Ricochets" were one of the best 60's harmonizing bands we've heard in a long time. Again, everyone danced all night. Great fun!
I also want to compliment Cynthia Johnson and Bridget Lenz for helping me in a great evening of Karaoke on Friday July 5th. We had some outstanding singers and it was one of our best "Talent" nights we've ever had. Look for an another "impromptu" Karaoke TBA in August.
Saturday August 3rd is the second annual Pirate Palooza. This is a great event because we make very special efforts to involve the KIDS. Face painting, games, eye patches, cannon and sword fights, and a REAL pirate invasion! Watch your email for all the details. Of course "adult beverages", great Pirate food, and music by Tiki Tim to dance to. Thanks Laura Wehnes and Vince and Lynn Verhasselt.
Okay so the best is yet to come. Attention, attention all New Members and most of you old members. One of the most fun events of the Summer is yet to come, the SSYC Annual Corn Roast! I address all new members because you need to put in some volunteer hours and we need volunteers for the Corn Roast. It's a great event and even more fun because we all pitch in to make it work. Look for an email sign up sheet coming out this week. The event begins at 5pm on Saturday August 10th and for one price, you get all the roast corn and brats you can eat! Also included is beer and soda. Then you can work it all off dancing to the classic rock of "Hat Trick". This is a great event to bring guests. Believe me, you can't feed them at home cheaper!
Karaoke is coming back to the Club on Saturday August 17th. Something new happened the last time we did this and will be happening again on this next August night. Along with some awesome singers we now have musicians playing live with our singers. Last time we had a saxophone and a harmonica player in the house. Along with those again, I know of one singer who is also planning on bringing his guitar. Gee, singing along with musical instruments playing! Well "strike up the band"!
Do you have a Cowboy hat? Dust it off for "authentic" western BBQ and dance with a "gen-u-wine" Country band on Saturday September 7th. More details to follow.
Mark your Calendars:
- August 3rd (Saturday) Pirate Palooza "Tiki Tim" - BRING THE KIDS!!
- August 10th (Saturday) Corn Roast "Hat Trick" - Volunteers Needed for Corn Roast August 10th Two shifts - 4:30 to 6:30 and 6:30 to 8;30 3 jobs: Corn Cooking - Brat Cooking - Serving. E-mail Tom Gale at <> or call me at 414-350-0300
- August 17th (Saturday) Klub Karaoke at SSYC - 7pm to 11pm
- September 7th - BIG Country Western BBQ under the tent - Details TBA
- October 12th (Saturday) Change of Watch - "Mistick Krewe"
- October 26th (Saturday) Halloween "Jam it"
- Saturday November 16th - "RETRO Party" - "Eddie Franks" (Sinatra Stylist)
- NYE – One of the BEST Bands you've ever heard "Exhibit A" You MUST hear this Group!!!
My next Entertainment Committee Meeting is Tuesday August 27th at 7pm. New members are welcome.