Now that boating season is upon us, it might be a good time to take a moment and refresh your CPR skills. Did you know that the NEW CPR doesn’t include mouth-to-mouth? Here’s a video that explains and demonstrates what you should do if someone is having a heart attack. http://ahsc.arizona.edu/node/730 You should also be aware that there is a defibrillator unit in the SSYC club house. It’s located in the hallway behind the fireplace at the top of the ramp.
Joan Sass sends these marvelous tips for using Alka Seltzer...
- Clean a toilet - Drop in two Alka Seltzer tablets, wait twenty minutes, brush and flush.
- Clean a vase - To remove a stain from the bottom of a glass vase or cruet, fill with water, and drop in two Alka Seltzer tablets.
- Polish jewelry - Drop two Alka Seltzer tablets into a glass of water and immerse the jewelry for two minutes.
- Clean a thermos bottle - Fill the bottle with water, drop in four Alka Seltzer tablets, and let soak for an hour or longer, if necessary.
- Unclog a drain - Clear the sink drain by dropping three Alka Seltzer tablets down the drain followed by a cup of white vinegar. Wait a few minutes, and then run the hot water.
Joan adds, “Makes you wonder about ingesting Alka Seltzer, doesn't it? Thanks for the great tips, Joan!
Granite counter tops and lemons don’t get along at all. If your granite met a lemon it didn’t like, it probably left a big, white blotch. Well, Real Simple magazine has help for you! Check this out: http://www.realsimple.com/home-organizing/cleaning/how-clean-granite-00100000097980/index.html
Are you kidding me? First for Women magazine suggests adding a cup of clear mouthwash to your laundry. The alcohol and antibacterial essential oils will kill the icky smell. Try it; let us know what you think.
From our friend Roger Tolfa, here are some great uses for things you have around the house:
Living Social is now available as an app. Get tons of coupons and discounts, free! Everything from Waviators (floatable sunglasses) to Suzy Kuzy USA Beer Mitts. Or perhaps you’ll try a new restaurant. Check it out:
Yummo! Adding instant mashed potatoes is a great way to thicken stews and gravies.
Speaking of food, pot lucks are an easy way to entertain but often you end up with too many of the same things. Well, fret no more. Check out:
- Lucky Pot Luck http://www.luckypotluck.com/cgi-bin/display/index.pl
- Sign Up Genius http://www.signupgenius.com/index.cfm
- Perfect Potluck http://perfectpotluck.com/
As the host, you get to decide the types and numbers of items at your function. As the guest, you get a list to choose from. How cool is that?!
As always, keep your hints coming.